The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 884 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this story. I was especially warmed by the lovely ending. I am from a family of quilters so it held special meaning for me. Thanks for writing it.
10/29/09
Your title drew me in as I am a quilter too. Loved the message of the green squares as they told of God's love to these orphans. The ending warmed me all over.
10/29/09
What a wonderful story well done.
10/29/09
I was touched by your story. Thanks for sharing it. God bless you as you write for Him.
I loved your story,brought tears to my eyes as I read it. I, too, am from a quilting family. Very, very well written.
10/30/09
Thank you for reminding us of how precious kindness is.
10/31/09
that was wonderful. great emotion. great weaving of the sadness from one to the other, all brought together with a message of hope through the things we do not know (the quilt the other kids made). very enjoyable.
11/02/09
Oh my, this was an amazing story that pulled me in and left me satisfied. Great characterization, and well paced. My only red ink would be to brush up on your punctuation, especially around your dialogue. Very minor stuff, but it can be a little distracting. I loved the tender, emotion saturated writing, and I won't be surprised to see you move up through the ranks quite quickly;)
11/05/09
BEAUTIFULLY written. So deserving of a first place finish this week. Excellent job!
11/05/09
Great work Bill! Congratulations!