The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1002 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This could be turned into a cute children's story/picture book.
06/13/09
A perfect story for a children's sermon! What a beautiful message you've conveyed. Thanks for sharing.
06/13/09
interesting idea
A beautiful story and I enjoyed it although I am so far past being a child it isn't funny. This was well written and what a powerful lesson.
06/20/09
Hi Coleene. I just wanted to leave a quick note to congratulate you on your 1st place win in Level 2, and to let you know you also did extremely well overall, ranking 22nd out of all the entries for the week.

It was a big week of entries, so you really deserve an extra pat on the back. If you would like to see the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25956

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Now it's time for you to move up to Level 3.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
I was out of school only 4 days and the break in routine...well I forgot to log on to FW in the morning to see how I did...I didn't log on until after dinner...and what a surprise!
Thank you. This was such an affirmation to me. I feel God wants me home this summer for a reason...(didn't get summer school)and part of it is to start illustrating a couple of my stories, now this being one of them. I hope to attend the conference,God willing. I have a friend who stays at her "Lake House" in Michigan in the summer who invited me to come right after the conference, so it seems like I am meant to travel...Thanks again. I Love FW!
Coleen, this story was a delight to read. Having been a Thomas myself and always looking at things in a negative view, I can attest to how freeing it is when you learn to look at the good side of life and all the wonderful things that God does. Once you finish illustrating this, I want to buy a copy.

It was great meeting you at the conference, and I look forward to reading more of your stuff. God bless you!