The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 561 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
You are indeed blessed to have this wonderful woman as a friend, and I loved reading about her.

I'd recommend that you limit your use of exclamation points. As a writer, would you rather that you reader "get" your strong feelings because of the words you choose, or because of your punctuation? Exclamation points are best when used in dialogue, for extremely excited utterances.

Wonderful use of actions that speak volumes.
02/28/08
I not only want a friend like that, I want to BE a friend like that. Aren't you blessed? Great entry.
What a beautiful testimony! Friends like this come once in a lifetime.
02/29/08
I hope you share this with your friend. I'm sure she would be very encouraged. I enjoyed this read very much.
02/29/08
Sounds like you have a wonderful friend. Watch the use of all capitals in a story. It can be distracting. You describe the scenes well. Keep writing.
02/29/08
Wonderful examples of God's Love in Action! idea--Share this story with your best friend as a way of saying thanks--thanks for showing the love of Christ, every day.
Blessed testimony - touching story. Keep writing.
03/01/08
A very moving and touching essay on your dear friend; and hits the nail on the head...Topic-Wise! Enjoyed the read from top to bottom. Nicely done! And a Kudos for you!
03/01/08
Good story about the friend. I personally was put off by so many "LOVE IN ACTION." I believe just tellng the story would have been enough for the example of the title. I also agree about the exclamation points usage. Normally you only see that amount in the comics or cartoons. Good job for the topic.
What a wonderful story and how blessed you are to have a friend like her! Keep sharing , you do it so well....Betty Overstreet
03/03/08
What a treasure. Imagine the weight of her crown when that day comes and she lays it at His feet.

I know we all wish we had neighbors like her but what if we were the neighbors like her. :-)

A beautiful story told well. Thank you.