The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1087 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
OUCH! Oh no! I wanted to stop her! How tragic. Your descriptions were good...I could just see the whole thing. You kept my attention through the story and I totally didn't expect that heartrending ending!
02/22/08
Brilliant, you point the point over well.
Oh this was good! Great descriptions. What a horrible, horrible woman, but you nailed the topic beautifully.
02/22/08
Great descriptions in this piece. One suggestion would be to put the main character's thoughts in italics or quotes. Keep writing.
02/22/08
Great descriptions in this piece. One suggestion would be to put the main character's thoughts in italics or quotes. Keep writing.
02/22/08
Well, you certainly nailed the topic! I'll bet she's very sorry she did that.

I just have a hard time imagining that a lady in church would behave so maliciously, in the presence of other ladies. So that part just didn't ring true for me.

Good job with realistic dialogue--you can hear the sarcasm practically dripping.
02/22/08
Good descriptions. Enjoyed this piece - and a strong message.
What irony! Nice descriptions. What a sweet spirit Megan has to make something for the grandchild of someone who taunts her so.

I wish you had used the other 175 words to fill the reader in on what made Billie so malicious toward Megan, or toward the world in general.
02/24/08
I, too, would love some background on what would cause such an act, but the descriptions were wonderful!
I was mad at Billie at the end. How rude and malicious she was! You really did a good job of illustrating the topic, and your writing style was easy to follow. Thank you for sharing!