The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1261 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/05
I liked the death of the main character being held back til the end. It was so poignant. Great ending.
I liked the repetition of the hat as well.
Bravo! What a wonderful depiction of an amazing life and legacy. My mother always told me to dare to be different. This character certainly different was and I love her. The image of the hat and the scent of vanilla were powerful points of interest that drove your message home. The last lines, the buying of a dress...and a hat, were great. This might be my pick for favorite. Wonderfully done.
Oops! I was a little dyslexic there. I meant "was different" not "different was".
05/10/05
Well written and emotionally powerful. Beautifully inked! Best wishes, Nancy
05/13/05
Great story. Great writing. I felt like I was there and I was happy to be there.
05/14/05
This is so completely like "WOW"! I loved it. The author has more than a little talent! After your win here you'll be at home in advanced!
05/14/05
Beautifully written end very touching. I agree about you needing to be in advanced.
05/16/05
Just wanted to let you know this was THE winner in my book!
05/16/05
Hi Christe. Just a quick note to encourage you and let you know that although your entry didn't actually receive an award this week, it did make it into the semi-finals. That is quite an achievement on such a high competition week. Well done! With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
So lovely! Your descriptions are so vivid. A tender, beautifully told story. Love the whole thing. I agree, you belong in advanced. Thanks for the great read!