The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1330 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very sweet.
06/10/07
I like your story and think children would enjoy it, too. I remember being fascinated with my Mom's "treasures" in her jewelry box when I was little, also!
06/12/07
I fell in love with JT just reading this adorable story!

I don't think you need the ***. They're usually used to indicate significant amounts of time, or abrupt scene changes. Not that much time passes here, so they could be eliminated, or replaced with simple transitional phrases.

Little children reading this would certainly want treasure boxes of their own!
06/12/07
This wonderful story is like a "Treasure Chest," so many delightful surprises tucked inside. Master writing!
06/13/07
Sweet - JT is a doll, and his voice is just right. I loved the last line especially.
This is a very nice story. The mom is so kind and patient. Great lesson.
Very good account of laying treasures up in heaven. Written in a way children can understand.
I really liked the way the mother listened and taught her child in a way he could understand and be involved. Such lesson stay with us forever. Good job!
This is excellent, one of my favorites that I've read of your writing. It captures the heart of a child, as well as the understanding, and the message is wonderful. Hope it places!