The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1747 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/05
Beautiful! Pat
04/12/05
Evocative of the special relationships that only mothers and daughters can know.
A beautiful article of mother/daughter relationship. Mothers and sons can also have a beautiful relationship though a little different. I have two daughters and one son plus one granddaughter and looking forward to other grandchildren. Your article brought tears as my youngest daughter is getting married soon. My mother and my children are my best friends since my husband is now in heaven with by very, very best friend, Jesus.

You have a beautiful gift of writing - good job!
This is an awesome piece of writing! From start to finish it moved me from deep in my heart. Your expressions of love on paper do not compare to the expressions of love that is the reality of your life with your children.

So many lines to choose from that were my favorite, they are narrowed down to these:

"She tells me what words cannot. It is from within that muted conversation I find peace". This was beautifully expressed.

"I choose to ignore her and continue to croon into the ear of my precious, sleeping legacy". Such wonderful words put together to make an impact.

I really loved this one very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.
A delight to read from beginning to end. Love it! :)
04/17/05
I like your title and final line, centred and italicized (well done!) about linking hearts. The whole article was beautiful. And your own jealousy was humorous but many readers could identify, I'm sure.
What an inspirational story! It should be shared at a Mother/Daughter Tea for Mother's Day. It reminded me of a plaque I saw in the Bible bookstore: Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers! Your story was so refreshing! I loved every bite!
04/18/05
This is absolutely beautiful. I know that God has big plans for Timothy because of his godly grandma.
04/19/05
Congratulations Nancy - I know you're on cloud 9 and deservedly so. Well done. Now I know you are going to think you aren't worthy of this, but I have to say it - it's time to move up to Level 3 lovely lady. Love always, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)
Oh, Nancy... This piece is exquisite! It goes right to our hearts and awakens all the feelings that are part of a mother's love. It is both tender and powerful, and one reaches the end with sadness because we will lose touch with these two special people! Your own warmth and understanding of the human soul comes shining through, once again! Love, Peggy
What a beautiful article! It brought tears to my eyes.
Nancy, I am in awe! This is beautiful. You have such a beautiful heart and such delightful way of expressing it. For sure being a parent is one of God's most precious gifts. Love, Sharon