The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/07
I really liked this poem! I especially enjoy the age progression and development of the character, the different slices of her life made vividly real. And I can identify with her feelings, since I share the same condition. Great job!
01/19/07
Wow! Your mom sounds amazing! She must love you a LOT!
Your Mom must be so proud! I also have a son who is high functioning autistic and I homeschooled him - teaching him to read and write. He now lives independently and we communitcate through emails. Your poem was very beautiful!
01/19/07
Good story. I've never thought of writing as being able to free someone in this way. Thanks for sharing - you did a good job.
01/19/07
This is so impressive and inspiring, it should give hope to those with similar circumstances.
01/22/07
This is wonderful! I really think you should find some website or other publication by or for young adults with autism/Asperger's and share this with them. It's an incredible glance into your world, and I think you for sharing it with us.
01/22/07
I SO wish I could tell you how much I loved this, and how encouraging it was to me (my son, age 5, was just diagnosed as in the autistic spectrum). But besides that - I truly felt like I was given a look into you in a very vivid way. Excellent!
01/23/07
Very nice, inspirational.
When there seems to be no way, God makes a way.

Your mom's insights found that way and we (as readers) are all the better for the healing it gave you.