The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1385 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/24/06
A heartfelt account from a loving dad. I definitely felt your love for your daughter and caught her unique personality. Very nicely done.
My son went to Liberty Univ. Great School! What a wondeful story about a father and daughter and enjoyable to read.You did a good job of relaying a father's love, hope and a bit of confusion in the raising a girl!
11/27/06
What an honest commentary on life as a dad. I enjoyed this.
11/29/06
A wonderful parent statement.
11/29/06
I felt like I could hear you talking. I noticed a couple of grammar errors, but it was definately heartfelt. I hope you'll keep a copy of this to give to her at some relevant point in her life. She'll love it.
Good job of showing the insecurities of a dad taking on a ready made family. I like that the daughter does come around, and the dad does say he loves her.
Just one little nit picky thing. Your phrase, "but not for to long". Should read "but not for *too* long."
Al in all, a good read.
"I thought one of us was going to die and the other was going to jail."
Loved that sentence! This was great to read. Good job!
11/30/06
its a good monologue of the struggles of fatherhood.
12/03/06
My oldest of four is a soon-to-be fifteen year old daughter. This article really hits home for me. An easy read and an open, heartfelt dose of reality. Thanks for sharing.
12/03/06
My oldest of four is a soon-to-be fifteen year old daughter. This article really hits home for me. An easy read and an open, heartfelt dose of reality. Thanks for sharing.