The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1356 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/06
Very romantic word choices with a twist at the end. I was starting to wonder if I was in another century as the language was beautiful and flowery. I felt it was a good choice since it was a dream. Nice writing.
08/11/06
Your last sentence is particularly powerful, and really stands out. I'd like to read "the rest of the story"--how they find each other--some day.
08/13/06
I loved your romantic word choices as well. Very captivating imagery and language. Like Jan, it left me begging for more.
08/14/06
This sounds almost Shakespearean in it's style. Not it's word choice, though, because I could actually understand it. :) I enjoyed this piece, and I am also anxious to find out how they meet!
08/14/06
I'm with Jan, this cries out for a sequel! Beautiful writing!!
Your romantic word choices were so beautiful...I'm with everyone else - more please!
08/14/06
Awwwwww, it wasn't sappy! It was perfect! Great dialogue, good use of dialogue tags. I wanted to read more but was very happy with what I got!! Here's a peanut for you!!!
Such beautiful breath- taking writing. Thanks.
08/14/06
Yup- you're right -that was very mushy lol. Well written, but the dialog seemed a bit over the top, but kind of reminicient of Shakespear, done more modernly -if that makes sense?
Hmmm. I love romances, and I really like the premise, and, like your other reviewers, I would love to read the sequal. For me, however, the language was just a little overblown ... or rather, not so much the language, as the sentiment. Then again ... maybe it's just because I'm male!! I thought the ending was very good. It "earthed" the whole piece.
08/14/06
Beautiful romantic story. Maybe a little overdone on the "flowery" language, but very nice. Great job! :)
Very nice and indeed romantic, but not too mushy. Very nice job.
08/15/06
Sounds Olde English and nice. I like the last line and you wove a tale together nicely. Good work.
08/15/06
Very lovely and romantic. Loved the ending. Good job!
08/15/06
Love the "flowery" language - it fit the vision SO well! And I too REALLY REALLY want to read the "sequel." This warmed my heart!!