The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1710 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is just beautiful! I could see, smell, feel it all! What a great lesson..."They that wait upon the Lord..."
I'm wondering where this woman's sadness is coming from...but that aside, this is excellent...so descriptive and almost poetic throughout. I enjoyed it...With a mind that can come up with such beautiful descriptives, you have great potential! Keep writing.
06/16/06
"Sometimes it takes a shovel to make wings"--love that! "You did have a garden once"--cute! I think you're making a good point with your story, but all the flowery language ("purple prose" as Dub would say) takes away from that point. I do like the descriptive language, but maybe you should just ease up on it a bit. Hmm...I guess I'm undecided...
06/17/06
"it takes a shovel to make wings." I want this to be the title! Make this the title! Wow! I'd write more, but I've got to go plant a garden now! I felt it all! Shovel hitting rock- been there, done that but more importantly I felt that!!!! Good job!
06/18/06
Your writing drew me right to the flowerbed. Nice job.

"You did have a garden once.” I loved that line. There is a story encased in that one short sentence. Very good read. Thank you.
06/20/06
And why is this in Beginners? Your wording is beautiful...when I was reading it, it just rang in my ears as a beautiful poem. I wasn't sure where it was going, but that kept me wanting to read more. Excellent writing!
06/21/06
I'm not a gardener, but I know a nice piece of writing when I see it! Well done.
Very well done. You brought the reader right into the story. Good job.
Great job Brenda. I too wrote on gardens this week. It must be all the beautiful blooms everywhere.

Blessings,
Trina<><