The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 883 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/13/06
What a touching testimony. I loved this line especially: "God placed a ring of gold around my heart" and you did a great job using almost the same phrase at the end to tie everything together.

Shortening some of your longer sentences would give them more impact. But good job.
Lovely story of how God has been your strength through it all. I too am a single mother, and God was/is husband. Wonderfully creative expressions that add delightful images to your account.
04/14/06
"A ring of gold around my heart" - what a great line. Good story, flows well, and has a message of hope for pregnant teens. Children are a treasure from the Lord.
I, too, liked the ring of gold from God. Good job!
04/17/06
Beautiful testimony! "Set me as a seal upon your heart." I encourage you to rewrite your opening paragraph with the heartache and uncertainty in the forefront. Hook your reader!This is a tender piece glorifying Jesus, your husband.
04/17/06
What reached out and grabbed me about this story was: the big difference between LOVE. Family turned their back on this person for making a mistake; whereas God's love wavered not! Even though He was obviously forgotten when the "mistake" was made...He never stopped loving one of His children when they cried to Him for help. He holds no grudges, doesn't pre-judge, and loves us in spite of our downfalls. Nicely done.
04/18/06
This is great writing! With just a few words you have reached to the depths of your readers' hearts, and left them with a significant message. (I wonder how many of these re-readable stories my 'favorites' box can hold?) Thank you and keep writing!
04/19/06
You conveyed the love of God in a Heartfelt and real way. Nicely done. :0)
The way you write kept me very interested. Your story touched me. I love your open and honest heart.