The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 330 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/17
Great message!
Blessings~
07/20/17
This is a good mix of challenging and encouraging truths, though providing some extra space between them will help your readers to travel along with you.
07/21/17
Good job with taking truth from creation and applying it in a spiritual way.
This is a lovely devotion. I liked how you started out with a true story message that many people can relate to. It drew me in right away.

When I first saw the topic, I had no clue that it meant moving from city to the woods or the sea. It's an Australian term I was unfamiliar with. On the message boards (forums) each week, Deb posts a small blurb describing the topics and what the judges are looking for. Check it out, I think it will help a lot.

With that said, you are definitely not the only one who missed the topic. You did a great job of writing on the topic as you saw it though. The message is powerful and really made me stop and think how I don't always appreciate the many gifts God has given me. It's well written and would be great for FW daily devotions. I look forward to reading more of your work. It's clear you are quite talented. I've no doubt God has big plans for you.
07/21/17
You had some very good ideas and thoughts. Thanks for reminding us about God's schedule of doing things.

I will leave you with some thoughts on improving your writing. I hope it helps. Good criticism has helped me so much.

Grab your readers with a good hook. Why should I keep reading.

Make us feel how your felt under that tree. Quiet time with the Lord is so refreshing and you need to show us that, not tell us.

Go to the forum and under challenge guidelines and find the eight things the judges look for in your writing. Take each one by itself. Go over your writing and make sure you touch on each one.

Look at the winners of challenge writings and see how they incorporate all of those items.

Hope this helps. God bless.
I liked your writing. It was like a devotional or a teaching lesson.

It would be stronger and more personal if you would use phrases like "God help me" instead of the more general "God help us". You are setting the example of wanting God to us you.

You have good thoughts in this writing. These are well worth being reminded of.