The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 954 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/21/05
Your 4 central paragraphs were great. I'm not sure I understand the framing: the "letter" aspects, or the Jamaal story. Your lesson worked fine without them. Maybe it's just a generational thing. Good job.
11/22/05
I didn't really understand the purpose for Jamaal. Maybe it's me. It seemed like using Jamaal as an example. I also didn't think it was necessary-gleaning from the mid-paragraphing was fine. Keep writing! God bless ya, littlelight
11/27/05
This is a Well Written Essay. What is P.O.ed?
“And finally, do not forget the promise of spring. Hold on! We know from nature that winter is always followed by spring. The spring brings new growth, hope and the promise of salvation. But, we had to go through winter to get here. There is something about the bitter cold that makes the trees greener and the flowers fresher. When you are on the other side of your winter season, you too will be more beautiful and fragrant in a spiritual sense. You can be confident of this.”

Proverbs 1:8-9 KJV
“My sons, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an Ornament of Grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.”
Proverbs 3:1-2
My son forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: for length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

“In nature’s winter we have fires to keep us warm. So also, be warmed by the fire of faith in your friends and family. When your faith is weak, or cool, let us warm you up from our abundance. And, when I am going through a winter season, I will call on your faith for warmth. You have done it for others, and are doing it now, even in your time of need. This gives me confidence that you will be there for me in my need.”

I pray that in Jamaal’s winter season that someone was also there in his time of need;
And long life, and peace was added to his days.
I Enjoyed reading your story. God Bless. Helen