The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/13
Powerfully executed!

This jarring, and profound commentary, elicited a great emotional spark from within. Personally, I was the one being bullied in school, and, so this brought a lot of memories to the fore.

You did an excellent job with this entry. The "twist" at the end was the perfect conclusion.

I really think this is a winner, and delivered a deep core message that all readers will relate to.

Excellent work!

God bless~
You do conversations well. They are hard for me.

Jumping back and forth in "time" gave us an better understanding of what and why the feelings were there.

This brought the feeling out in the open.
Wow this is a powerful story. It really stands out. It's a fresh take on bullying too. The last line was so powerful.
10/31/13
Ellen,

I'm so happy for your win!
This was an excellent piece, honest and touching. It is a voice and tone that everyone reading it can relate to.

Congratulations, I look forward to reading your next piece.

God bless~
Tough topic with a great twist at the end. You had some lovely turns of phrases here.

A tiny bit of red ink: you switched to Jenna's point of view a few times. It's ideal to stay in one POV throughout an entire scene.

Congrats on you placing! Write on
01/05/14
Great piece with great message and terrific twist at the end! Very creative.