The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 793 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I so enjoyed this devotion. Your piece is like a recipe for a great devotion: Keep it short, start with a real life experience, transition smoothly into your message and have the right Bible verse. You nailed it. The only thing I might suggest you add is a prayer at the end, though you did show one in the beginning.

Be careful with ellipses. They are meant to show a pause or a trail off with a thought. Try not to overuse them as it can reduce the effectiveness of them. Also they are always just three dots or three dots and a period. Different references have different opinions on the spacing.

I think you did a great job of covering the topic. It was fresh and an original take on hum. I would think a humming car might be a bad thing, but I really liked your observations and it made me totally rethink my original thoughts which is a great thing for a story to do. It reminded me that I need to focus more on the positive things in life. You did a grand job on his.
06/19/13
Great analogy! I never thought of a car's hum being like a person's testimony.
06/20/13
I love the analogy! Great story. Thank you for sharing and reminding us to pray. Blessings.