The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 893 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/23/12
They were both blessed from their actions! Beautiful story and a fabulous idea, if only more places did this, it would help thousands.

Great job with a powerful message. Thanks.

God bless~
This is a great story. You did a wonderful job of building the suspense. At first I thought maybe Margaret was a shoplifter. This brought tears to my eyes. Nineteen years ago today my mom died and I miss her so much. One of her legacies was "The Bread Program" that she started almost 30 years ago. it took a lot of convincing on her part but she finally talked the local stores into donating their day old baked goods. I can't even begin to imagine how many people have been blessed by Mom's little idea. Thank you for giving me a chance to realize that though Mom is gone her good deed lives on and benefits so many.
08/24/12
Three cheers for this plan to feed the homeless. I like the way your MC "stakes out" the store before deciding to speak to the manager. Very clever and creative.
08/25/12
I also thought Margaret was a shoplifter so was pleasantly surprised that she turned out to be an inspirational character. If only there were more people like Margaret. A good read with an element of suspense. Good job!
08/25/12
I love this story.

I feel like you had to rush the ending just a bit. I think you could have probably cut some of the "shopping" bit out, and shown that she got to know every in the story a different way. Then you could have spent more time focusing on the new ministry.

Nice job on this. I enjoyed it.
08/25/12
Good job on this entry. You kept the interest up throughout, and had an uplifting ending.
08/26/12
YES! Now this is my kind of story and it is wonderful! (You really should think about moving up) Loved the story, the meaning,the writing, loved everything.

God Bless!
08/26/12
YES! Now this is my kind of story and it is wonderful! (You really should think about moving up) Loved the story, the meaning,the writing, loved everything.

God Bless!
08/27/12
Enjoyed the element of mystery in this story! It kept me eager to go on reading! The ending was inspiring and offered us a "challenge" in a way to find creative means of helping those in need.
Your story is very original and I enjoyed it very much. Great job!
08/29/12
Well written and a good message.
08/29/12
Very endearing story. It made my heart smile.