The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1337 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like this. Nice choice of words and description. Great poem.
07/12/12
Oh! It makes me miss my Florida vacation! Very nicely written poem.
07/13/12
Beautifully written. The first line "Blankets spread on soft rippled sand," is especially lovely.
07/13/12
Excellent! I loved the dual meaning of picnicking and feasting on the ocean. Your choice of words, rhyming and rhythm were dead on! Lovely!
07/13/12
Beautiful and filled with symbolic meaning. Loved the entire clever piece.
Great job.

God bless~
This is a beautiful description of a beach picnic. I'm not a big lover of the beach but having read this I feel this desire to have such a feast both with my eyes and my stomach.
07/16/12
It's hard to capture the ocean in words, but you did a good job of it. It certainly humbles a man before the Creator, doesn't it?
07/16/12
This is such a fun and inspiring poem. I especially liked the reference to the food being somewhat sandy, but still enjoyable! Living close to the beach I, too, can appreciate this and echo your praise of God's awesome creation. Well done.
07/16/12
I loved this poem. Well written and with a great message and word picture!
07/17/12
Your delightful poem painted lovely word pictures of the ocean and the beach! We camp at the ocean for a week every summer, so I especially "connected" with your writing in this piece! :)
07/19/12
Congratulations Lynn! God bless~
07/19/12
Congratultions on your placing. Well deserved!
07/20/12
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
07/20/12
Congratulations Lynn! I can almost hear the surf and feel the sand between my toes...
Wing His Words!
While reading this I sensed a rhythm (or maybe it was a connection) to what was being said to what was being experienced - a sense of peace and thankfulness and contentment. Congratulations - well deserved, indeed!