The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 957 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/18/12
This is incredibly powerful. I was drawn in,and you never let go. Very nicely done.
Wow this is such a heart wrenching story. I'm rarely surprised by twist endings but your story is the third one this week. i love it when that happens. In doing so not only did you provide a twist ending but it showed the reader the grieving process and how intense the pain is for the MC. I think this was a brilliant approach and can't think of a more effective way to help the reader understand the MC's pain. You are quite talented.
06/20/12
Powerful! Love the ending! My question after reading this entire entry is "why are you in Beginners?" This is phenomenal. What a vivid story; I expected to hear at the end of the story something to do with a tragedy involving the girls. Excellent writing! Just excellent!!!
06/20/12
This was such a well written entry. The story was touching and heartbreaking at once. Nicely done. I really liked it. Thank you.

There are many individuals like the MC who have the "what if" syndrome. So many "what if" paths to walk upon. Life reviews can be stagnating or freeing.

Great job, good writing.

God bless.
06/21/12
This writing is beyond level 1. I was captivated from start to finish--and like all the above, was surprised by its ending. Congratulations on placing high with this well-deserved piece.
Congratulations on your ribbon and for ranking 18 overall! (The top rankings in each level and the top 20 overall are posted on message boards sometime after Thursday evening)
06/22/12
Thank you all for your kind, reassuring comments. This is only my third story for the Challenge. That's why I'm still in 'Beginners'.

Again, thank you. Your kind words encourage me to keep on writing.