The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1015 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/12
A brilliant story that holds significance in our world today. We are to be aware at all times; "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16 KJV)

The MC was just that, and the Lord gave her the eyes to see as she ran forward without looking back. I loved this. Thanks for this story that will stay with many long after they have finished reading it.

God Bless~
This is a poignant story. I think many people will be able to relate to this. it's so tempting to follow what we think is best for us but so more important to allow God to take the lead. My eyes blurred for a second and I thought your title said Jesus Waves and now I smile because that would be a perfect title too. When we stray off the path Jesus waves us back to the straight and narrow road. I think God was sending me a special message through my blurry eyes and your trusting him to write this story.
This is a really gripping story and very well written. I found it hard to stop reading once I had started. I loved the way you reminded us how God shows us His truth and His way as we seek Him and pray for His help and direction. Great story. Thankyou.
I liked your piece and it certainly kept my interest right up to the end. Good use of subtlety throughout kept me wondering what the MC's mission was and why. I reread it to make sure I caught all the details. Very good.
04/30/12
You did an amazing job of bonding the reader to the MC right from the beginning. You made here a true heroine and had me cheering her on and wanting to give her a high five or a "you go girl!" A wonderful piece of writing and a great lesson on triumph through pain. Excellent work!
04/30/12
This was a very compelling story. You painted great pictures of both your mc and your villain. And your plot held me throughout. To be honest, I had read several stories in a row, and was getting tired, but yours picked me up, held my attentiona and revitalized me. Great job.
04/30/12
I truly enjoyed reading this! I so admired your MC, who sought God for wisdom and revelation..and got it!

You've described what the Bible refers to as one of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit; The Discerning of spirits found in 1 Corinthians 12:10. The Holy Spirit will give us spiritual eyes (insight) to see, distinguish or discern evil spirits.

And when He does, you run just like your MC did!

Love it!

05/01/12
This story was truly a blessing. We MUST always look to the Lord for our answers, and your MC did just that. It was such a reminder of putting our faith where it belongs. Men will fail us...God will not!!! Thank you for writing this. It has more personal meaning than you can imagine.
05/01/12
I was drawn immediately into the story as my mind formed questions about the MC and why she was crying. I was compelled to read on to satisfy my curiosity and you led me step by step to a satisfying conclusion. Good job!
Cathy
05/02/12
As a single woman I can almost see the man in this writing. Excellent, just riveting. I am also in the beginners level and I wish I could write like that..God Bless you.
05/03/12
A very well told story that could easily be part of a much larger work. Maybe don't look back but look ahead and write it.

Well done.
05/03/12
Wow! I really loved this! Super job! Your descriptions and your story were well-crafted and flowed smoothly throughout. And, of course, a great message, especially when so many women today are lured and tricked by false love.

Thumbs up!
05/03/12
I knew this would place. :) Congratulations on getting third!
Congratulations on your beautiful ribbon! I'm doing my Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!
05/04/12
Great story which drew me in and kept me reading. Congratulations on you 3rd place!