The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 851 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Easily identifiable story. Strong character portrayal, even the mother who had died. I hope Carrie does well. =)
This brought tears to my eyes. After my mom died I hungered for her scent.One day I ironed my dad's shirts and put them into the closet I sniffed Mom's clothes and couldn't smell her anymore.It was such a hard day, but like your MC I know I'll see her in Paradise.
07/23/11
Very nice job setting up the scene and letting us get to know your MC. There is so much hope here. Great job!
07/24/11
Brave woman, that mother. I think Carrie is going to be okay.
Try to use up all your allotted words so you can flesh out your characters and story as much as possible. :)
I like the scene of packing the car and looking up at the sky.
"I’m doing it for both of us,
Momma" What a wonderful line.
07/26/11
You sure don't write like a 'beginner!' I think you did a good job expressing the thoughts and emotions of a young woman leaving her old life behind. Letting go is not an easy thing to do, for sure.
07/26/11
what a lovely story... i agree with the comments this has good title, bang on theme and a beginning middle and end, suspense and brilliant plot dont think you are in the right level here.:-) need to move on up
07/26/11
This was a very moving story. I found cheering and hoping for the MC at the end as she drove off. A true story of hope covered in the realities of life we all face. Well done!