The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1031 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The title drew me in and once you had me I was riveted to the page. Wow this is an incredible story!
09/16/10
This is very captivating. I was amazed at the reaction of your MC when she refused surgery. I am a cancer survivor. Good writing.
09/17/10
I was drawn to this story because in the last year, I've lost two friends my age (39) to breast cancer. It's a horrible disease and I'm so sorry you had to experience it.

I really liked how you described the emotions that you battled. And truly, as you came to realize, there's not a choice when it comes to fighting for one's life.

Your ending was a surprise to me, but I really, really liked it. Not having the reconstructive surgery completely summed up what this cancer battle taught you - it's our inner selves that matter, not our outward shells.

Excellent writing - I hope to read more of your pieces!
AWESOME testimony and filled with beautiful inspiration. Your courage in sharing such an ordeal with your unfiltered honesty is refreshing and heart warming. Kudos for an excellent job! And continued blessings being a blessing! :)
09/19/10
Incredible story! The title also caught my attention.

This story should be a winner.
Awesome job! I was hooked from the beginning. I also admired your decision about reconstructive surgery.
What a testimony! There is a woman at my church who has lived through a similar experience. Your testimony reminded me of her. Thank you for showing us how important the inner person is than the outer shell.
09/21/10
Being a breast cancer survivor (lumpectomy) and almost into my 5th year, I related to your MC completely. I know how different life looks when you are faced with all the possibilities. Well written, honest, and with a great conclusion.
Wonderfully written, holding the reader captive the entire way. The right blend of sentiment and stoicism; and the title alone is profound as illuminated by the story.
Masterfully written. This one should do very well!
09/21/10
Gripping thought process. Passive Suicide is a perfect title for this testimony.

A tiny bit of red ink. Exclamation points should be used few and far between.

Thank you for sharing the inner struggle of allowing your inner beauty overrule the outer appearance. Great on topic story.
Excellent, Terri. Your honest writing cuts to to core. Congratulations on 2nd place!