The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 775 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/09
Interesting! I didn't know that about the church. I like the give and take of these two brothers.
I can understand how the brothers would debate this topic. Good story.
03/14/09
You made your characters seem very realistic. I felt that you could have described the magnificent church in a little more detail, and woven in a bit more of the debate. I suppose the fact that I'd want to know more is a tribute to the piece in itself.
03/18/09
I liked this story, too. One thing that would make it much easier to read is to put a space between your paragraphs. Very good story. Keep on writing!
03/26/09
Hi Mary. Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, "The Tribute," actually did very well in the Africa Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 14th in that Level. Competition in Level 1 is always very intense, so well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24825

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)