The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1206 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh wow. That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Wow. You really captured the moment all Christians dream of!
The part at which your writing reached great heights:

"In the present expectant moment until his bride appeared, he stood, reflecting upon how all of time culminated at this day – past, present, and future. He had done everything to woo her, to give up his own life for her, to build their home which they would share. Now came the time for their joyous union. From this day on, they would live in each other's love."

Loved that part, plus I'm listening to Newsboys right now, and they have a whole bunch of songs with the word "woo" in them. In fact, they said "woo!" right when I read the "woo" in your story. That was really ironic!

Okay, back to the review:

Two thumbs up!

Good job.

May God bless.
Sincerely,
Dan Blankenship

08/29/08
you really got me caught up in the moment great writing
08/29/08
This is beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. Nice work! :)
08/29/08
Just gorgeous - your descriptions are absolutely beautiful. Wow.
08/30/08
Wow! I'm at a loss for words.
This is so beautiful, I had to read it again. Great job!
09/02/08
I felt like I was right in the front pew! This is wonderfully descriptive. Bravo!
Wow. I don't know what to say. It's as if you got into my head and dug deep to find my innermost dream and then put that dream into words on the page.

This is beautiful. I can't wait until that day comes where I get to be the one standing and waiting for my bride to walk in.
Wow - this is so beautiful!!!

I can hardly wait until my moment comes... Just 9 months and 3 days... :-)
09/03/08
Wonderful writing. Just give us some more next time. :-P
09/04/08
Brings back memories of those moments in life, the patience going through before tying the knot. The conclusion is quite a contrasting switch in redirecting the the readers' attention from the earthly wedding scene to the eternal marriage of the Lamb and His people. You have painted the scenes in your writing very well.