The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 954 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/08
This is VERY well written - and EXTREMELY disturbing. The fact that it was NOT graphic and still disturbed me as much as it did is a testimony to your excellent writing skills. I pray this was not "your story," though I know it happens much more than I would like to admit.
Excellent showing emotion instead of telling. It made me want to weep. Do you feel your character would have an even stronger voice if you used the innocence of a five-year-old's vocabulary? This kind of story could really help people who need to know how to find victory and healing in Christ after abuse.
06/12/08
You have written a very gripping story. Good descriptions of feelings with sensitivity to the horror of how a child experiences this kind of tragedy - all too common today. The desire to die at five, takes your breath away. Thank you for sharing a riveting story that sears the heart.
Congratulations on your win. This was an extremely haunting piece and I hope it isn't true for you.

Your title makes me sad now that I've read it.

Keep writing, you have much to share.
Blessings.
My heart aches for little Annie. Congratulations on your 2nd place - a wonderfully told, tho emotionally hard to read, story.
06/13/08
This just made me cry; not just for Annie, but for all the real little girls like her. Youre presentation of sucb a difficult and sensitive topic is absolutely outstanding - and highly deserving of a win! I'm honored to be in the ranks with you.