The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1280 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Yes, we have come a long way since 1974 and hopefully they received a Bible via the couriers of Open Doors.
Thanks for sharing.
Bill
Having experienced some time in a previous Soviet country, I had an awesome time worshipping with believers in Kazakhstan. I know that an persecution of the believers for attending church and the concern about unsaved familiy members is real for these folks even in 2007. This story was very real to me, besides being very well written.
10/18/07
Well, you just did a wonderful job with this story. I learned something about the fears and secrecy of the persecuted church in Russia (I've read it's starting to get scary for them again) and the characters you created are quite believable. I really like this entry.
My eyes and heart were glued to your story from start to finish. Excellent job and heads up for the freedom to worship we take so for granted.
10/18/07
Such a wonderful story of hope amidst persecution. I was sad and uplifted at the same time because of Evelina's joy. I'm so glad I read this.
10/18/07
Congratulations on your placing. This is really well written. We take so much for granted sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.
10/18/07
Well done and thank you for what you have written.
10/19/07
Congratulations on your 1st place. This is a wonderful take on the topic, and the writing is very good. Nice job.