The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your writing here is very good. I love the picturesque words that flow so well. I was a little confunsed at the end however. Was this a dream? Where did the captors go? But I love the way she saw and accepted her need for forgiveness.
09/01/07
Very nice! Great discriptive voice. I enjoyed this very much.
Excellent job! Your use of vocabulary, especially in describing the surrounding nature, is superb for the beginning level.

Make sure to check to see that you have all the commas you need. General rule: if you would pause when saying it, put a comma there.

I imagined the protagonist as a little girl (and had images of the scenes in 'Forrest Gump'...) I think this story would work just as well on a bit less surreal level, especially if we knew who she was running from and why. This story would be amazing with a rewrite.

Good luck!
What a story you paint with your words. It's just what I needed to read today after working at McDonalds and suffering the wrath of all those wonderful customers in a hurry to get home! I felt as if He was beckoning me to call on Him also. Well done! Blessed writing.
This was excellent writing. I could picture satan and his demons trying to run after her. She was safe with God's embrace and forgiveness. Once God was there, satan had to turn away.
Great story! It was riveting. The ending was somewhat predictable, and I was left wondering what specifically happened to the hunters even though it is implied. However, God is wonderfully predictable in that He always forgives, loves and accompanies us even on our most terrifying journeys. This story is a great reminder of that!

Watch commas.