The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 871 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/01/06
amen! We all need to be the volunteer in this story.
Beautiful! This was very deep with some rooted emotions woven in there. One thing, in the sentence "after considering the cost." Was the word 'after' really needed? It sort of interrupted the flow, there were a few awkward places here and there, but overall a very touching read. Good job :)
12/06/06
I was very blessed by reading your piece! Many of us struggle with similar things as your character, and hopefully we arrive at the same conclusion! :)

I have a couple of little suggestions for you. First, in the second stanza, you have a grammatically incorrect line: "Why are salvation from them withhold?" You could change it to "Why is salvation from them withheld?" However, now it won't rhyme with the next line! To get it to rhyme, you could say "Why do you salvation from them withhold?"

Anyway, overall I think your poem is very good and also thought-provoking! Thank you for sharing it with us! :)
12/06/06
I forgot to tell you my second suggestion! "I have seeked my own ways" should be "I have sought my own ways."

I'd like to read more of your work, so I hope you keep writing!