The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/17/06
Wonderful lesson here - both in gardening AND our Christian walk! Nice job with the detail. Thanks for writing!
08/18/06
This is clever and witty--a very digestible way to present your lesson! I like it!

Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail, and I'll give you a few paragraphing and formatting tips. It's tricky at first.

This is one of my favorites on this level.
The title caught my eye immediately. I liked how you laid out the story with details. It makes the reader "feel" the antipcation, then disappointment. The conclusion is great. It brings hope at the end of the disappointment. Nice!
08/18/06
excellent story! well told. I loved the imagery, and it made me smile.
08/19/06
I thought this was great and I so can relate to the valley having the best soil. Great Lesson :O)
08/19/06
At first, I wanted to skip this piece. I don't care for gardening and the many words looked daunting. Nevertheless, I forged ahead and was rewarded with a precious tie in about the unexpected places in our lives...and our gardens. It demonstrated how what we want, what we expect, can be shattered but all is not lost. God often has blessings for us that we can't see at the time. Clever!
I like your creative style. Never heard of a lasagna garden, but have to admit that the unique parable had a story to tell about Christian life. Good job.
08/23/06
This is great. I loved the picture you painted and the application you drew out from your gardening experience. Good stuff.
Well written and very good pov here.