The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 909 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/06
Excellent example of the young ministering to the old. I enjoyed the imagery of it being a memory.
Blessings
Joyce
Very nicely done. I love the story tellin style. I can picture the story being told on the front porch in front of the youngins.

Very cool concept and well done.

06/19/06
All right, I'm a big fan of stories about little boys sayin' sweet things to their daddies, but this one even brought tears to my eyes! You know what that means--Good job!
06/20/06
Wow...what are you doing in Beginners? I loved this story... anyone that makes me tear up is great! Good voice throughout and it flowed perfectly!!
06/21/06
Precious, great job! One of my favorites this week!
06/21/06
This is lovely. Beautifully and skillfully told. Excellent - you won't be in Beginners for long.
Thank you for this memory. For the wonderful way that God works things out for us even through our children.
This is very good, please keep writing. Your words bring a clear picture of what you want to portray.
06/21/06
I think you did a great job with the dialog, so you don't have to worry about that! My slight quibble was with the narrator's dialect--I didn't mind the dropped "g"s, but that seemed to be her only speech quirk, and the rest of how she spoke was very "conventional" English. I'd either give her a full-fledged, countrified way of speaking, or lose the dialect altogether.

The story itself was tender and moving--very, very well done.
Beautiful job. You touched something in us all. Loved it.