The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1028 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is great...I struggled with the topic also and did not put anything into it, but you really caught the idea from your experience...nicely written...love the title.Got lost on some characters tho...with that cleared up this is an excellent piece!
05/27/06
Since this is definately not a contest winner I'd like to leave a comment on my own entry.
Mitchell got home form the out-of-town hospital on Tuesday after brain surgery on Sunday morning and went home on Wds. morning. He continues to improve, although he is 'bummed' because he cannot play any sports next school year. (Sound like a 15 year old boy to anyone else?)
His parents are not believers. He is the only Christian in the household. Please pray not only that Mitchell continues to improve but that his family see the truth behind his miraculous recovery from this life-threatening injury. Mitchell has only been a Christian for about two months and doesn't really know how to talk to them about Christ. I'm praying that this incident does the talking for him. Also pray for his girlfriend, who pulled him out of the water (jet ski accident) and carried him across the lake, unconscious, on her jet ski.
Thanks, Deb
Debbie, This IS a winner all 'round. You've gained prayer for Mitchell, his girlfriend, and his family--as well as your own. This was great testimony, and some of the most honest writing I've read!
I really like how you told about your struggle with the topic, and then developed a story around it. Great job!