The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1679 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/06
I got a little befuddled in the middle, a little editing here and there would help I think. But I hear yah! Since you're not dead yet, live your dream, take the risk. At 56, I am beginning to live mine at last! Good job.
Why not enter into that path that you dreamed about in your younger years. I too have chosen a new path. At 55 years of age, I dared to try something new. Take a chance and enter that new path.
Remember God is still able to use us the way we are. Wonderful expressions.
03/07/06
Oh I think we get off on the parallel path for many reasons we may not understand. God has a purpose and plan, and time for us all to learn, and mature..also, to give us the desires of our hearts. Might be later in life, when we are more perfected. Enjoyed your story, and it brought out our own thoughts as well. God bless ya, littlelight
03/07/06
I think you write very well! You touched on emotions and fears and desires that many people can relate to. I was hoping for a more hopeful ending I must admit. :) Loved how your descriptions.
03/08/06
Parallel paths was wonderful. It made me think of my own life. So many things that I should have, would have or could have done. however, there is something more that God has in mind for me that's in the light and it's never too late.
03/10/06
My, but you write well! It sounds as if the path you find yourself walking is the path I longed for all my single years! But, God is a God of surprises---what an adventure to anticipate what He has for us, just around the next corner! Keep writing!
03/10/06
I did feel confused. There was great imagery, and I commend you for that, but there wasn't enough reality for me to truly understand the story. In a sense, I understood your emotions, but didn't understand from where they sprang- and that's the problem with pure emotions. For a diary, it can work brilliantly at times, and maybe that's what you were going for, but I honestly didn't connect for the aforementioned reason.

I hope this helps :). God bless!

~Zac
03/11/06
liked the comparison