The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 564 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/17/15
The picture of the cross on a a hill with a sun was a beautiful illistrationn of Jesus' love for us. It took courage for your daughter to stand up for Christ in front of her classmates.
04/17/15
Beautiful and inspiring to hear of a person with so little years on earth could have such an abundance of faith, sadly some don't acquire that kind of faith their whole lives.

Excellent job with the topic, and I was blessed reading this. Thank you.

God bless~
04/18/15
Thoroughly enjoyed this inspirational and challenging story. Thanks for sharing!
04/19/15
I agree - great use of this week's topic. Your daughter is an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for sharing a great story from her life.
This is a delightful story. I have noticed that my kids were much more open to sharing their faith or wearing t-shirts expressing their faith. I never would have been brave enough to do that when I was in HS in the early 80s. The only red ink I might offer would be to show the struggle or lack of struggle beforehand. Even if it was from a parent or a sibling asking if she was sure or what if the kids pick on you? Of course, I'm assuming this is a true story and if so, you may not have been aware of any struggles or lack of that she had. You definitely wrote on topic and the piece is so refreshing. In today's world, fitting in seems more important than ever, yet Abby knows what is actually more important. The testimony is touching and will encourage others to do likewise.

(If this is a true recent story, FW has a message board for kids. I'm a moderator on the site and if Abby is under 15, she'd be welcomed warmly by the others.)
Our logo is what we do each day at home and away, followed by what we say at home and away.

Nicely written.

I would include the word "and" for the comma before the words "what she is all about."

Nicely done.
Congratulations on ranking 4th in your level 19th overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
Sorry about the typo, I meant congratulations on ranking 3rd in your level and 19 overall! :)