The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 486 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/14
Good entry and on topic...nicely done and told.
God bless~
Oh wow, did I enjoy that. I felt like I was right there watching them.

I liked your venture into Haley's mind. Things that seem trivial to us adults, like having to wait out the storm to go sledding, are anything but trivial in the mind of a child. Right then, it's everything to them. I liked how that came out in your story.

The ending lines had me on the floor laughing! (Hoping that humor was your intent...) I could just hear a little kid say that!
This is a cute - could be family story.

For ease of reading give each person their own paragraph when the words are in quotation marks.

The ending even is "it could have happened that way". It was a good ending.

Which sounds better: watched the snow falling or watch the falling snow? I don't know - maybe either.
08/04/14
Thank you for a nice story that warms the heart. I agree that better paragraphing is a must to have good flow and understanding of the dialogue. Read some of the other challenge writings and you will see how nicely it flows. Take your time and re-read. Keep up the good work.