The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 876 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such a lovely piece. I love the Bible verses you chose. You did a wonderful job of infusing the topic throughout while staying on topic in a fresh way. The only red ink I would offer is minor. I noticed you tend to overuse commas sometimes. The comma rules can be so hard to remember. I tend to need to double check when I'm editing. There are some great resources online, including our own Jan's Writing Basics in our forum section. Overall, you did a wonderful job. I could totally relate to your message as I think many readers can.
07/17/14
This is a wonderful devotional and a good use of the topic. Such true insights:) Just a little overuse of commas, but a wonderful submission. Keep writing!
07/17/14
Great use of topic and well-written. It also ministered and encouraged me. Well done.
07/17/14
"God requires of us in the night season, that which we promise in the day." So true. An excellent reminder. With a bit of editing this would be a great piece.
This is a good life story of how God raises his children.

He wants us to be close to him and he has to show us that just because we have trials (James 1:1-9) he is the closest to us growing us to be more like the messenger we are to be to the world. A Christian is a follower in the ways and likeness of Christ.

Early on when we are baptized for the forgiveness of our sin and we are given the gift of God's Holy Spirit, it is the Spirits job of leading and teaching us to understand God's word and how to apply it to our lives. This is the continue process of growing in grace and knowledge that we might be more like Jesus.

The Spirit will help grow in us love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness gentleness and self-control.

Good thought and well written.
07/18/14
Nicely written. It is so encouraging to hear someone, besides yourself, express the challenges of living a christian life and then quote God's word on a victorious life through his word. A wonderful teaching lesson and well constructed.
Great testimony/devotion. It makes me think of 1 Peter 1:6-9
07/21/14
Beautiful job with the topic. Peaceful, powerfully written. Nicely done.

God bless~
You should be very proud of yourself. It's not easy to get that blue ribbon on your first attempt. I can't wait to read more of your work. Congratulations!
07/24/14
Congrats to you...You're on your way!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 19 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
07/25/14
Congratulations on your level win!