The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1719 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/05
What a creative entry on the topic. Great description on how Satan works his way in. And Susan is blessed to have a sister who loves her so much.
11/29/05
A very well-written picture of a hurting heart. Expand this one, if you can.
11/29/05
A skillfully woven tale. I love that last line - it sums it all up quite nicely without being too "telling". Great job!
11/29/05
A beautiful read; but one that has to be read twice in order to get the full depth of "who" is telling "whom" what? After the 2nd read - I knew. A brilliant idea of how the mind can be manipulated. Very Good!
Great write and read! POV was a little confusing at points, but after a couple read throughs the real picture came to light. Expanding this piece would be ideal.
12/02/05
Ahh, a timely, well told story that really touched my heart. Thanks. Yeggy
An excellent piece on the power of prayer and spiritual warfare over the enemy's entangling lies!
I loved the message and the idea. Just not too sure about the opening and the use of being reared 'by the book' as the opening for Satan's designs. Because we are all born with a sinful nature I suspect the 'crack' is already there. Just my thoughts (perhaps as an EC teacher I'm being over-sensitive). But well-written and I can see how this could easily be expanded into a longer piece. God Bless.
12/05/05
I've heard a few funny stories in my time of how parents interpreted those baby care bibles. I would agree, however, on how the beginning doesn't quite match up with the rest of the story. I'd guess that you are involved in an inner-healing ministry?? You describe how the devil gets a foothold very well.
You described exactly what happens to people. I love the use of a vine. It's so descriptive and visual. Nicely written, Beth, a message with impact.