The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh excellent! You captured the intense cold and hunger, the lonely desperation, the reminder of a prior lesson, so well. I'm off to reacquaint myself with Brother Lawrence....thank you for reminding me!
11/22/05
Interesting. The negative and downcast overtones in the beginning threw me, but soon I realized it was the basis of a greater story. Good approach to historical fiction.
11/22/05
How I loved the message in your story. Well done. God bless ya, littlelight
11/24/05
Talk about out of the box! And nicely done, I must say.
A bit of a stretch on the winter topic. But, that's just me.
I must agree! Out of the box! Well written! Enjoyed!
11/25/05
Well written -a nice glimpse into the man's life.
You have retold a slice from history and made it live! You've managed to step outside the box while staying true to the topic. Great work!
11/25/05
A well woven story and a joy to read. Love those fact/fictions and you did a good job on this one! :)
This was good and I liked the way you used the flash back to show the significance of the barren tree to him. Great job!
11/26/05
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Brother Lawrence's concept of 'practising the presence of God' is something that I've transpired to for years, although not always successfully!! I just loved this piece giving me a glimpse into his earlier years, the winters of life which made him the man he was.

Your writing was very descriptive - I was right in the shed there with him.
11/27/05
I was sorry that the word limit cut this story short; the ending seemed abrupt. The rest of the story was extremely engaging; I'd not heard of this man before. Thanks!
11/28/05
When things are hard, it is easy for us to forget God's power to deliver us out of all our troubles. A beautiful story!
12/02/05
Val, what a wonderful job you did on this article!! I was drawn into his situation, and you clarified more into his character as the story built! Job well done!