The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 674 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this idea! You really did a nice job of coming up with a fun and interesting way to present this difficult topic.

I will admit, I thought you had bugs in your pocket, not kids in your backseat. At first I thought the MC was a young boy who liked bugs!

Try using actual dialog to help build the characters. For example you could try something like" Mommy, Billy and I have a new game. It's called Ding-Dong Ditch!"

I looked up in the rearview mirror. "Hmm, how do you play this game?"

I hope that gives you an idea of what I mean. That way the dialog and the body language (like having Mom raise one eyebrow when they mention BB guns) will give the reader more insight into the character's emotions and personality.

I liked the message and the gentle way the mom had of showing her children that it can be okay to have fun as long as no one gets hurt. I also thought the Bible verse was a great fit with this story. You did a good job!
05/26/13
Clever solution to this childish prank. Made me smile!
05/28/13
Love the story, message, meaning, and the interactions of characters. Nicely done, particularly the scripture reference tie-in. God bless~