The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 780 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Such a heart warming story. We have an awesome God. He is always on time when it comes to providing for our needs. Good job. Keep writing.
I really enjoyed this piece. I think you did a nice job of relating to a situation that pretty much anyone understands, especially in these days and times. I like how you showed the conflict right in the beginning which draws the reader in.

You had some little things like Mom should start with a capital M when being used as a name. Some of the dialog felt a bit unnatural. One example would be the phrase you will, instead use a contraction you'll. Another example would be this line: Lisa told him that there was not a black tie to be found here.
Instead, use a narrative and a quote like this: Lisa searched for a black tie. Finally, she threw her arms up. "There's not a black tie anywhere."
This way instead of telling the reader you show.

Overall I think you did a fantastic job. I enjoyed your characters and I think you really showed their personalities. You definitely covered the topic. I think the ending was a fantastic message. It left me with a smile on my face and reminded me of how much God cares, even about things that others may think are little. If it matters to us, it matters to God.

If you would like more feedback, throw a brick on the message board. Here's a link for you to copy and paste to take you there: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36659
Congratulations on ranking 11th in level one!