Previous Challenge Entry (Level 1 – Beginner)
Topic: Key (02/14/13)
TITLE: Using 8 Rs For Prayer
By Patricia Mulder
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
With that in my heart, over several months this past summer, the Lord gave me a list of eight “Rs” that have become my prayer.
1) Renew my mind with Your Word Lord. Get rid of the way “I” think and put your wisdom, knowledge and thoughts in my mind. Romans 12:2 (NIV) Ephesians 4:23 Colossians 3:10; Ephesians 5:26-27 (NKJV)
2) Revive my spirit that seems to be downcast. Fill me with your Holy Spirit every day so I will be refreshed. Psalm 119:40, 88 (NKJV) Acts 13:52; Romans 15:13; Colossians 1:9 (NIV)
3) Reinvent what I do and how I do things. Change my old habits that are not profitable for your goals in my life. 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV) Philippians 3:21 (KJV)
4) Reveal those things in me that are not Christ like. Show me the deep things that I have not acknowledged. Psalm 139:1; Psalm 139:23 (NIV) Proverbs 20:27 (NKJV)
5) Remove those things that are not Christ like. After you have revealed those things to me, help me to get rid of them. To be changed by the power of Your Holy Spirit. I know I can’t do it myself. Psalm 30:11; Psalm 103:12; NIV) Ecclesiastes 11:10 (NKJV)
6) Restore what is broken in my life. Restore the joy. Heal the broken heart and broken promises or unfulfilled dreams or broken relationships. Forgive me for the things I have done to break others’ hearts. Psalm 23:3 (NKJV) Psalm 41:3; Psalm 51:12; Psalm 71:20; Psalm 80:3, 7, 19; 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)
7) Regenerate those things in me that have lost their strength and power. Physically, mentally, emotionally give me the stamina to fulfill your will in my life. Psalm 27:14;Psalm 31:24; Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) Psalm 119:28; Colossians 1:11; 2:7; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:17; 3:3 (NIV)
8) Resolve. Give me the discipline to do what my part is in regeneration. I know it starts with searching Your Word for the answer to everyone of the “R” issues. Your Word brings life and accomplishes far more than we ask or think. Psalm 17:3 (NKJV) Proverbs 19:21; 20:5 (NIV) Proverbs 20:18; 2 Corinthians 1:17 (KJV) Daniel 1:8; Acts 11:23; 2 Corinthians 9:7 (NKJV)
Many months after I started praying these prayers, the Lord showed me that He was answering them. I have just started seeing the evidence since I began praying last summe. I hadn’t connected what I saw happening, with these prayers. "Faith" is believing God hears our prayers and waiting on Him to manifest the answer. It is not an overnight process. But, He is so faithful. Because of God’s great love for us, He wants to answer our prayers. He is a good God.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be right now. CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.