The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 814 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/25/13
The invitation in your simple, one-word title made me want to read more. I'm glad I did, because your piece is thought-provoking, engaging, and well-written. I like how you stress that "vacation" and "a few days off" will not give us the rest our souls crave, and that only Jesus can satisfy our longing.

This sentence describes so many people today: "You are weary from chasing dreams that go nowhere, methods that lead to madness and promises that aren’t worthy of the letters that make up the words spoken, words that turn out to be nothing more than well-concealed lies."

I'm glad you give these weary ones a message of within your writing! Good job! :)
01/25/13
I meant to say a message of HOPE within your writing! :)
01/25/13
A message that can penetrate into the very core of so many reading this entry, and a timely reminder to those who need a little push to remember what it's all about.

Lovely job. Thanks.

God Bless~
01/29/13
It's unique to write an entire piece in 2nd person, and I appreciate this. It might benefit from some specific imagery; as it is, it's somewhat generalized and abstract. The tone, however, is encouraging and helpful.