The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 641 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/12
Nice job with this entry. Good message, and well-written. Matthew is my favorite Gospel.

Thank you. God Bless~
10/12/12
As a mother, I can understand your concerns about your son's priorities. You told the story of the trip to Miami well. But I felt like you kept interrupting the story with the message, instead of letting the story make the point. I'm glad the end was positive, and that showed how faithful God is to protect our children.
10/12/12
I know what it is like to worry about children and their decisions. The best thing is to always pray for them and trust that we taught them the right things so they will always know deep down what is right. Good story.

God Bless!
That is my favorite verse too. I could really relate to this story as my youngest just left for college. A year ago, she was applying at colleges far away, she couldn't wait to get out of her tiny little town. I worried about expense, distance, just about everything. But at the last minute she applied to a college an hour away and 15 minutes away from her older sister. When God provided almost all of the money needed at this college I had to giggle and I knew all along He had a plan but being a worrier I worried. You did a nice job of showing how important it is to let go and let God.
10/18/12
Your story was insightful. It's never too late to pray for our children's future schooling or career or spouse.

Proverbs 22:6, Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
10/19/12
Congrats and God Bless~