The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/12
Short and powerful touching the hearts of many who will read this. Beautiful. The glory of being a Christian and believing in Jesus...you know you will be reunited with you mom, and all those who went before you, one day in the future. Keep the memories, and embrace the love of Jesus.

Thank you. God Bless~
This is quite lovely. I thought about doing a death story but wasn't in the best frame of mind so I didn't get to it. The verse you selected gives such hope.

You may want to expand it a bit more. Perhaps give one or two possible answers for your questions, things the reader may not have thought of. Just from curiosity I wanted to see how many words were written by you --128 and how many from the Bible verse --124 I did that just to help you see that half of your work came right from the Bible. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing amiss by using scriptures but in a setting such as this you want to encourage your reader to think in a new way or think deeper than they had before. The Bible is the best start but both you and the reader will gain so much more when you are able to step out of your comfort zone and share even more with the reader.

The first line is quite thought-provoking. Time does change how one feels and how one heals. I wonder why siblings who both lost their mother can grieve in such different ways. When my mom died I remember my sister telling me to get over it already! She was able to move on but not I. Why?

You also gave me goosebumps when you mentioned it has been a long 18 years since your mother passed away. That is how long it has been for me as well. You have some great inspiration here.