The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1566 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This had me chuckling. At first I thought you might be a tad off topic but you pulled it together. There were tines I had a hard time following thestory and had to reread. Butyou definitely painted me agreat picture with your dialog.
10/22/11
Too funny! Made me chuckle out loud! God bless!
10/22/11
Unique and humorous use of the topic!
10/22/11
Using the suggested guidelines, I would like to make a few comments. (1) I thought you were on target with the topic, and did so in a creative way. (2) Your dialect threw me a bit, especially some of the spelling (Ma and Mah sounds the same), and I noticed a few areas where the dialect was not consistent. I think "an she sez...should probably begin with a capital letter. (3) I love how you tied the main character's name to the story with the use of Gulliber. (4) This was a humorous, and entertaining story, even though it lacked a memorable message and a strong conclusion. Perhaps, a better conclusion could be where we learn if Gulliber won the contest.

WArning: The above is solely the opinion of the commentator, and I bow to the opinion of the final Judges.:-)
Creative and humorous take on the topic. Dialogue has misspelled words and I had some difficulty following the story. I loved the MC's name.
10/22/11
This was an entirely clever story, and right on topic. I enjoyed it. Thanks. God Bless~
10/23/11
Funny! You definitely have a knack for humor. I had a little trouble with the dialect. (This is a tricky beast to tame, I've tried it myself with limited success). What I've noticed from reading pieces from authors who know how to do this well -- they pick a select few words to alter for the dialect, just enough to let the flavor show.

Nice application of the topic!
10/25/11
An enjoyable read! I think the MC of your story still need to know what's a search engine in the end. Maybe he should Google to find out. LOL. Nice take on the topic.
10/25/11
This is clever, creative and bang on topic but I had trouble making sense of the unfamiliar dialect. Good job!