The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2312 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/05
AWWWW...this was so neat!!! I was rooting for the little bat--what a very inventive and creative story--I loved it. God bless ya, littlelight
10/18/05
Wow, how bats can fight.
well done,keep up your writing abd write all God places on your heart!
Extremely creative take on the topic. And reminded me of home. Arrhh! Well done. Keep writing.
10/19/05
Very cute! Bats are such noisy creatures. I once spent hours washing bat poo off our tent. Won't be camping under that tree again!
10/19/05
I guess bats jockey for position just like all other species in the animal kingdom- including humans. We will fight to the bitter end for a morsel of respect or a scrap of success. How awful. Thanks.I enjoyed your story.
10/20/05
Wow! What a clever use of the toic fruit. I could picture the bats and the pursuit so clearly! Great writing!
You've spent hours 'bat watching' I should think. Such a creative take, full of observation and atmosphere. Some of the phrasing needs tightening up, other wise this was lovely and left me smiling. God bless.
10/21/05
I LOVE your title, the content, the drama, even the death, the moral - excellent! I especially love your opening paragraph:

"Habitually every sundown, a flapping and swooping noise filled the dusk sky; red, hunting, fruitarian eyes and large black wingspans soon following."

Excellent!
10/21/05
I come away from this with a smile on my face, new knowledge of Australian bats, and a great lesson. Good job!
This is your best here yet! Great story, good job!
10/24/05
I see in here that we, just trying to live our daily lives are often harassed and threatened by the enemy. But God sees to it that we, his children, are taken care of. And when tempted/tested He provides a way of escape.
Good job!