The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1227 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/11
And what a reunion we all will have some day. So interesting, touching, and so well written. I like this very much. Thanks.
01/31/11
So heart-felt and honest. You painted a memorable picture here. The last few lines were raw and tender at the same time, making me sigh. Thank you for sharing.
01/31/11
An accurate and touching depiction of the emotional casserole that grief can engulf us in, and I like the way your MC has taken heart from struggling to explain to her daughter. Very well done.
Fantastic writing. I was so enveloped with emotion, I had to pause before finishing this well told tragedy. I earnestly pray it is not a true life event.
02/01/11
The ending was precious.

Perhaps it was just me, but it felt as if you pulled back from the tragedy a bit - it was described matter-of-factly, almost skimmed over. I didn't feel the impact until the funeral.

Excellent story and wonderful idea for the topic.
02/01/11
Oh my--so sad! The writing here brings the story to life and I was walking in this mom's shoes. Very heart-wrenching but honest.
02/01/11
A very sad story filled with emotions so well expressed and described. Excellent writing!
02/01/11
Oh man. You let us meet this little girl and quickly she was taken away. Very nice writing.
Oh, my, what a sad story. You told it well within the word limit but I think this one could be even stronger if you expanded it a bit (especially about the accident itself) when you don't have the word limit to consider. Nice writing!
Very well-written. I'm impressed that you captured the emotions age-appropriately, and dealt with the understanding of a child with a topic even adults can't comprehend. Great stuff here!
I so did not expect the disaster. You totally caught me off grad emotes that one. Great storytelling. You also did a great job capturing how little ones can misinterpret adults. Great writing! °