The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1210 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/10
What an awesome interpretation of the topic--absolutely unique and creative. Your writing style is a pleasure to read. Loved your descriptions, and the scene was set well--I could feel the mood.

My only suggestion is this: In paragraph one, there's a lot of adjectives used--pelting rain, cold rivulets, heavy wooden door, magic world--all in one sentence. All are great, but when grouped so closely, they take power away from each other.

Having said that, I thought paragraph two was magnificent, and absolutely perfect. And, I thought the entire piece was fabulous, a joy to read, creative, and very well done.
I liked your descriptions, especially this: "...old spines are kept warm by the fire. Their wisdom is shared with all who seek." You seemed to make the authors of old came to life again.
06/12/10
I absolutely love this article. I traveled every step of the way with you through the doors and to the shelves. I experienced your delight. What a beautiful expression for the love of a library.
This is so beautiful I love the description. The first paragraph had my mind playing the music heard in the background of a movie when danger lurks. But I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the music changed to safety and joy. Good job!
06/14/10
Nice job of evoking an enchanted atmosphere! Though I love libraries, I haven't quite viewed them this way before. Thanks! :)
Very creative and well written story.
06/15/10
Beautiful descriptions here. I agree with one of the others who said the first paragraph contains too many descriptions. Other than that, this is a well-written piece. Good work.
Awww, I liked this! A creative look at a trip to the library from the eyes of one who is truly in love with it...which is all of us :-)

Perfect touch on the ending!
06/15/10
I liked the whole thing...first paragraph and all. :0) (You described my love of the library that began in childhood. Sadly, I'm not sure as many are drawn to the magic of that "Otherworld" these days). Well done.
06/15/10
What level am I reading in? I had to look again. This is well written, well paced, creative, and wonderful take on the topic. I loved it. Scoot over advanced level and make some room.
06/16/10
Wow! I am hooked..a very unique take on the library being its own world. Watch out Masters..
Thoroughly enjoyable. Well done.
06/16/10
A very creative approach on the topic and nicely written.
What a very creative approach to what a Library is! Thank you. Keep writing.
06/16/10
Amazing. Loved the spin you took here. Felt like you had been inside my imagination as a child.