The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1583 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/05
Your title prompted me to read this entry first of all the Bon Voyage entries. And, man, if this is the calibre I'm up against, I'm sunk! AMAZING work!
09/13/05
Very well done. Loved the description and the flow of the story line.
09/14/05
I love, love, love the droll wit of your narrator! I would change only two small things: the second sentence should read "...my father and I..." and I really don't think you need the verse tacked on to the end. Your story was fine without it, and it seemed anti-climactic. Beautiful job of writing!
09/14/05
Oops, I meant to say "...my father and me..."
09/14/05
Very, very good.
09/14/05
I love this wonderfully written piece! The verse did seem a bit out of place. Still, this is excellent work!
09/15/05
A well written, enjoyable, lighthearted story. Loved the line 'make voluntary dinner reservations.' I've only recently learnt that fishing has nothing to do with catching fish! :-)
My favorite line was "A simple 'Peace be still,' would have been great." :-) Enjoyed it!
09/16/05
Great piece! I think the roll of the ship upon the ocean would make me want to toss my cookies, too:)
You've taken me on my first fishing outing! Thanks, it was fun!
Great job on this Ben! I always look forward to your stories! Thanks for sharing!
09/17/05
A great fish tale :)
09/18/05
Classic Benji ... very nicely done, as usual.