The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 921 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/04/10
This came from your heart, and that is the kind of writing that i seem to enjoy.
03/04/10
I get pleasure from being a part of a group of people who put their faith first and then write because I love to read about their faith.
03/04/10
I've heard that some of the most famous writers could practically paper their walls with rejection notices, so take heart!

Some final edits of spelling and grammar might polish this up a bit.

Keep trying--you'll get an acceptance one day!
I'm sure there are many here who can feel your frustration.

Don't ever give up, it's always a good idea to let someone else proof your work with fresh eyes to help catch the little errors in grammar and form.

But keep trying, God is definitely speaking to your heart and you seem open and willing to listen.
I have a stack of about 40 in my drawer. That doesn't even count the ones that don't respond.

Keep at it, you never know how close you are to a "YES"
You sent it in where it could be rejected or accepted. First victory. You didn't let the rejection stop you from writing again, second victory. You wrote about the experience and found good in a difficult and disappointing life event, hat trick of victories.

After my first series of rejections I refused to submit anything for years until my wife pushed me recently to start trying again. You have succeeded in putting the rejection of good perspective where I failed to do so. I applaud you.
Welcome to the world of writing! Many of us can relate.

I hope that will actually submit something else and not let that rejection freeze your gift of writing. Maybe your work could have been tightend up with some editing, or maybe it is just something that they cannot use at this time. Take action, but don't take it personally.

I know MANY people who have decided to quit different projects because of rejection. By the way, I have an artcle on this website about handling rejection. Feel free to check it out if you like.

Good job with this piece. I pray that one day you can look at this and laugh, with gratitude that you stuck it out. Best to you! --Delores

03/05/10
As I write I try to remember to put kingdom matters first, because when I do it seems as though I spend less time on edits. Nice job on sharing your thoughts that we writers can all relate to.