The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1151 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/27/09
I would call this an interesting study.
08/29/09
I thought Nick was a caveman at the dawn of time! I was wondering along with him what was going on out there. Your choice of words gave a real sense of maleness. By the time I figured out what was going on, I was chuckling..."I should've known!" Your story is very enjoyable reading. Thank you for explaining Nicodemus' confusion of Newbirth with physical birth. This is very nicely written.
09/03/09
Nicely done. It flows smoothly with no detours and the message comes across loud and clear, albeit with a gentle dose of teasing at first.
The idea of reincarnation hadn't occurred to me. The only thing that suggests this (artistic licence aside) was the title.
I did something similar a while ago with my story "Prison Break." Feel free to have a look and compare versions.
Bless you
09/03/09
Loved the way this whole piece felt - the thought pattern of this little guy was just so endearing. Especially loved the whole idea of "understanding" or that he was "understood." That just tugged at my heart strings and rang oh so true. Nice job Noel! Fabulous to find you on here by the way.
09/04/09
Hi Noel. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, A Re-Run for Nick? actually did very well in the Birth Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 11th in that Level.

The competition is always intense in Level 1, so you deserve a pat on the back. :-)

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26785

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done!

Just a quick reminder about this year’s Page Turner Contest for 500 members. If you have a novel in the works (even just the first chapter), this contest is a must to enter:
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/FaithWriters500/contest-pageturner.php

(And I'll be in touch soon about the Aussie Conference.)

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)